It is the renter’s responsibility to report an accident to the vehicle’s host and/or evee support (email@example.com) as soon as possible. You must record all details of all other parties involved and incident:
- Copy of the driver's licence of the driver who was involved in the accident,
- Copy of the booking,
- Photos of the accident,
- Dash cam footage,
- Owner’s details of the tesla vehicle.
Please contact evee immediately so we can assist in making your claim via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you always obtain full third-party (TP) details. The insurer requires the details to enable them to contact the TP or their insurer. If the insurer is unable to contact the third party to verify your version of events, then the excess is more than likely to be applied. The insurer will need to hear from the third party and understand their version of events and their intention for resolving the claim. The following information will assist with a quick claims process:
- Registration of third-party vehicle,
- Third party full name,
- Third party address,
- Third party mobile number,
- Photo of front and back of licence,
- Name of third-party employer (if available),
- Third party insurer,
- The location of the accident (including street names),
- The vehicles involved and their registration numbers,
- The direction of the vehicles,
- The position of any stationary objects (e.g. road signs, street signs), and
- Road markings (e.g. single or double lines, broken or unbroken).
Advice for customers
As a customer, we understand that this kind of situation can be stressful and it is important to remain calm. In the case you are involved in an accident as a customer, the following additional materials can help with the claim process:
- Take as many photographs as possible of both yours and the third-party vehicle.
- it is important to preserve the dashcam footage.
- Diagram of accident.
- Where possible try to get a witness details to support your version of events.
Evee will charge the amount of maximum damage liability and release it after the investigation concludes you are not found at fault. If you are found at fault, the cost of repairs will be charged from your account up to the amount of damage liability. Card processing will also apply.
If the accident is significant, you will also need to fill out our insurance claim form using the details mentioned above. The follow pages sections are required by you to fill out:
- Renters Details (page 2)
- Driver Details (page 2)
- Incident Details (page 3)
- Damage to the vehicle (page 5)