The Tasmanian Government has introduced a program to help re-establish hire and drive operators impacted by COVID-19. As such, evee owners qualify for the 'Hire and Drive Reimbursement Program' (HDRP) and the eligibility criteria is as follows.
To be eligible, applicants must establish that:
- They have been an accredited hire and drive operator since on or before 28 April 2021, or
- They are a new (since on or after 28 April 2021) member of an accredited car share platform (evee), or
- They are already a member of an accredited car share platform (evee), but wish to add a new vehicle on or after 28 April 2021.
Applicants who can apply must also declare that:
- They intend to remain an accredited hire and drive operator or a member evee for a minimum period of six months from the date of notification of their successful application, and
- The vehicle has been registered under a MAIB Premium Class 8 classification on or after 28 April 2021, and the owner/operator intends to retain the Class 8 registration for a minimum period of six months from the date of notification of their successful application.
In addition to the last point on the HDRP criteria, evee requires owner's to remain active by having a minimum of one booking every 90 days.
Please note: Tasmanian National Parks Passes which are held by vehicle owners are not transferrable to the hirer of the vehicle at the time of hire. Individuals hiring a car that intend to visit Tasmania’s beautiful National parks are required to obtain a National Parks Pass by visiting https://passes.parks.tas.gov.au
(Source: adapted from Hire and Drive Reimbursement Program | Tourism and Hospitality Supply-side Unit)