We all play a role in staying well and exercising hygiene. If you are ever unsure how the current restrictions and guidelines affect your car rental, please visit your states COVID-19 site for more information:
As a host, we ask that you ensure that your car’s interior is well sanitised before and after a rental. Pay particular attention to the frequently touched surfaces:
- Touch screen
- Steering wheel
- Driving and indicator stalks
- Door handles
- Window openers
- Rear view mirror
Also consider the following steps when handing over the car:
- Make sure to wear gloves and face masks when you clean the vehicle and dispose of any used tissues or wipes as soon as possible.
- Provide complimentary sanitising tissues, hand sanitizers and wipes where available to remain in the vehicle for renters and owners to use before and after rentals.
- Make sure the vehicle’s touch screen is on “clean mode” before every handover.
- Wash your hands before meeting with the renter.
- Attempt to keep a distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and the renter where possible.
- Wear a face mask when meeting the customer if it is mandatory in your area.
- If you are feeling any COVID 19 symptoms (fever, dry cough, dizziness etc.) please do not hire out your vehicle and get tested straight away.
- Consider doing a contactless handover by using the Tesla app and leaving the keycard in a nominated safe location.
evee’s COVID-19 Policy
At evee, we understand that COVID-19 makes things unpredictable and uncertain. When an outbreak occurs your local governments may impose restrictions and lockdowns to contain the spread of the virus. As such, our standard cancellation policy may not be applicable and you are eligible for a full refund if you are:
- Directly affected by COVID-19 restrictions
- Directly affected by imposed lockdowns
- Have been to an COVID-19 exposure site
- A COVID-19 positive case
- A close-contact to a COVID-19 positive case
Alternatively, they are more than welcome to reschedule their booking to a later date given that it is discussed with the host and an agreed date and time is found. Please email the support team if this is the case.